Do you have 5 minutes? We packed 20 years of history in one slide show video.
Balance Studios (est. 2002)
Balance Studios opened their doors for business in 2002. Since then, the Migliarese brothers
and their talented staff have been working hard to educate their students in the arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, MMA
, and Yoga. The Balance center city location is the headquarters
to more than 30 schools around the world
“Balance” is one of the Oldest Gracie schools in the US. Owners, Ricardo and Phil Migliarese have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for more than 20 years and are certified black belts under Master Relson Gracie.
The Migliarese brothers currently guide 300+ students in their studios. Balance Studios became the Official Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy of Philadelphia in 2009 when Relson Gracie (Second oldest son of Helio Gracie) awarded “Academy Status” for upholding the teaching methods of Grandmaster Helio Gracie. Co-owner, Phil Migliarese is a 5th degree black belt under Relson Gracie and is the highest ranking representative of the Gracies in Philadelphia.
- The official Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy of Philadelphia
- Oldest Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Affiliation in North America
- Muay Thai training center under Ajan Kevin Seaman
- 25+ years of teaching experience
- Professional Training Center for MMA and UFC Champions
- Headquarters of the 30+ Team Balance Schools Around the World
- Law enforcement training center for Local Police & Federal Agencies
- Voted Best of Philly for Martial Arts
- Ranked #1 east coast team for BJJ
- Greet new students at the door with a smile 🙂
- Atmosphere and Attitude are everything!
- Operate with the “We” over “Me” mindset
- Be the toughest gentlemen/gentlewomen around 🙂
- Teaching should be simple, detailed, and technical so everyone can learn
- Achieve balance through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Yoga, and MMA
- Leave your ego at the door
- An open mind always learns
- Breathe to achieve
- To educate with the “Balance Teaching Method”
- The student is the boss, not the instructor
We promise to provide the following:
- The best instruction in an atmosphere that is safe, clean, and organized
- Traditional Gracie Jiu-Jitsu instruction as it was taught to us by Helio & Relson Gracie
- Instruction on the evolution of the sports of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts
- Cross training programs to create a sense of balance in your life