Click Here to make your child “BULLY-PROOF” or call 215-636-9661
Bullying In America
Bullying has become a prevalent problem in American Society. An American Justice Department school and cyber-bullying study shows that 1 out of every 4 kids will be bullied and that 150,000 kids miss school everyday in fear of bullying. (1) According to one study, Pennsylvania is one of the five worst states to live in to avoiding bullying. (2) Victims want to defend themselves, but most are too afraid for their personal safety and well being to do so
Statistics In America
- 1 out of 4 kids is Bullied.
- 150,000 kids miss school everyday in fear of bullying
- 77% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, & physically.
- 1 out of 5 kids admits to being a bully, or doing some “Bullying.”
- 8% of students miss 1 day of class per month for fear of Bullies.
- 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.
- 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
Owners were victims of bullies
Owners, Phil Migliarese, Ricardo Migliarese, and Frank Ambrifi are passionate about this subject for a reason. They were often the targets of bullying in school, in the street, and on the playground.
Once they started training with Relson Gracie, the bullying stopped instantly. The projection of being ready and willing to use GJJ, not the actual action of self defense, is what made the difference. Remembering the feeling of helplessness is what makes these instructors so motivated to help children.
We teach control, not violence
Other martial arts systems teach violence against violence. They teach a child to react with punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. The Bully Self Defense program starts by teaching children how to verbally defuse a violent situation, to stop violence before it starts. However, if attacked, our students know Gracie Jiu Jitsu techniques that are defensive, use no striking, and can non-violently neutralize a bully. The confidence provided by the Bully Self Defense program teaches our students, as the Gracie’s say, “to fight fire with water – not fire.”
Our five objectives:
- Awareness and focus: Attacks can be physical, verbal or mental. Our students recognize a bully’s behaviors and the best responses for each situation.
- Build Confidence: Our Gracie Jiu Jitsu classes teach techniques to negate a larger opponent while remaining calm. Bullies are less likely to harass children who display self-confidence.
- Making Education Fun: Students in our Bully Self Defense program have a great time while learning the best martial art in the world.
- Establish Readiness: Our program will help our students make it clear that bullying behavior is not acceptable, taking the power away from the bully.
- Balanced Lifestyle: Our students learn about a Balance diet, discipline and respect. This program is not one dimensional. Our students don’t become better fighters, they become better people.
Bully Self Defense Programs:
Our Bully Self Defense programs are taught with energy, enthusiasm and excitement to promote learning while playing. Our students learn in a safe, violent free atmosphere without the stress of expectation. This makes learning fun for everyone involved and is what helps to make our program a success. The last and perhaps most important component is the support and encouragement of the parents. Our students – your children – cannot successfully build confidence without you believing in them and what they are learning. (Get started!)
LITTLE-JITSU tm (5-7 years old)
“Playing their way into Gracie JiuJitsu! It’s fun and it works!”
Young children do not want to learn, they want to play! We have secretly replaced their normal games with fun activities that teach basic self defense techniques and strong physical and mental reflexes. Through “playing” martial arts games, our LittleJitsu students are “tricked” into subconsciously learning and properly executing the foundations of Gracie Jiu Jitsu – control and leverage. Using energy, enthusiasm and excitement to promote learning while playing is a key to our LittleJitsu program. Once our students master the techniques of LittleJitsu, or once they turn 8 years old, they are promoted to our KidsJiu-Jitsu class.
(Click here to get started)
KIDS JIU-JITSU (8-12 years old)
“Real Gracie Jiu-Jitsu broken down for kids!”
Jiu Jitsu literally translates to “the gentle art”. As opposed to working against the force of an attack, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu manipulates the opponents energy, redirecting it into a counter maneuver. As bullying is rampant in the 8-14 age group, our Kids Jiu_Jitsu program is focused on the self defense techniques that are essential for a child to defend themselves with leverage if physically attacked by a bully. These techniques provide our students with the confidence and projection of being ready and willing to use the techniques that helped Phil and Rick change their own lives. (Click here to get started)